"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Sunday, February 20, 2011

Watermelon Seeds

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
-C.S. Lewis

I have a confession..

 A long time ago when Claire was 3 months old and I was a clueless mommy, I ventured on to the computer to find some answers to my many baby questions floating in my head. Well I stumbled across a website that was all about babies, kids, and moms. I soon discovered what was called a "birth board".  Here there were moms that had kids born the same month as Claire!  Everyone clueless, stressed, sleep deprived and most importantly, madly in love!

 Not having any friends with babies at the time, I was so relived to find this group! There we shared our worries, (and there were quite a lot, seeing as how many of us were first time moms) our baby's milestones and other things that really only a mother could care and get excited over.  Here we took pictures of our kids and posted them ALL. THE. TIME. And it was ok!  We all poured and gushed over each beautiful picture of each gorgeous child.  No need to feel like you are boring people with your baby stories and baby pictures here.

Oh and there was drama here, yes the drama!  When there is a group of hormonal women,  there is bound to be drama but slowly over the months and over the years, women came and went but a sturdy handful of us stayed and got to know each other better and tie tighter bonds

Along with this birth group there were sub group, with babies that were born in a certain week. This is were I met my Watermelon Seeds. What a fantastic group of ladies they are! Always uplifting, supportive. Great advice givers and always a friend, even when you feel alone. I honestly can not imagne life without my Watermelon Seed, my girls, my friends!  Years has come and gone. Our babies will be five this summer and if anything we are now closer then we ever were.  There are a few Watermelon Siblings here now, and some on the way!  We can share on those frustration and joys now as well!  Some day we will meet and that will be one fun day! I can not wait to see these dear friends that have been there for me through these years.  From Africa, to Texas to Massachusetts.. it's not easy to plan a meeting but it will be done and when we do get together, then watch out world!! :)
So here's to my Watermelon Seeds!

3 comments:

sct said...

Awww!!! Yes, we will meet someday, and I cannot wait! It will be so much fun! I too cannot imagine my life without you girls!

Unknown said...

Awww..... I have to admit, I too don't know what I would do without my Seeds.
xxx

tolleyrose said...

Cannot wait to "meet" all of you! <3