"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Friday, March 4, 2011

What I'm dreaming about...

     As we are getting closer to moving into our home (getting our furniture and things on Saturday!!) I am dreaming of making a whole now look in our house and slowly changing the decor to something that I find is more 'me'.  I want to decorate it with the things that make me happy.  This will be a long, slow process because I do not have a lot of money to just throw into things.  And even if I did, I couldn't do that!   I'm happy to use a few things that I already own and love but has no idea what to do with.  It makes me so happy to know I can bring my beloved things back to life.  So what am I thinking about that is making me so darn happy you ask?
 well hold on, I'll tell ya!




    My old steamer trunk that Matt got for me for only $20 at a antique shop while he was on a business trip in New York.  I really had no place to put it, our house was oddly shaped and did not allow much furniture so the poor thing was just stuck against a wall, getting no love. It became a place to put junk.  It is dated to late 1800s to early 1900s. I would love to fix it up (if I had any idea how to) and keep it around and let it grow old with us.  First step is to get rid of that god-awful smell inside!


   Here is a picture of me (that Claire took), with the trunk in the background being abused and used as a place to put purses, laundry and random junk in general (so embarrassing- I can't believe I am even posting a picture of the mess)- poor lil guy! I'm so sorry, I will take better care of you, I promise!:








 The second thing I am dreaming of is my salt and pepper shakers that I previously talked about








   The third thing I am dreaming about is this chair:




    And don't you dare say it's ugly because it isn't- I love it and I can't stop dreaming about it.  Unfortunately, in all our cheapness, it just costs a bit too much for us, especially when there are other things that we actually need (say, a dining table!) so you better believe that I am saving up a little money at a time for it. I will have this chair!




   So that is what I have been dreaming and smiling about these days!






   Tomorrow the movers will be here and we will enter pure chaos, I'm sure. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures! I am positive it will be quite a sight to see- thousands of boxes in our tiny house and the kids climbing and jumping off of each one.  Wish us luck tomorrow and I wish everyone a great day!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that chair!! I hope moving, while definitely choas, goes well!!

Sommer said...

Oh how exciting. Good luck with the move and I totally hear you about wanting to decorate and have things that are you. My whole house pretty much all hand me down furniture that I just settled to have because it was given to us and we needed it. I have been getting so antsy for a new living room set and bedroom set and new pictures for the walls. If only I had all the money in the world to do that =) Good luck though with the move and post pictures of your new house if you get a chance. I'm glad you were able to keep your cat.