"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Saturday, August 6, 2011

C'mon, pull yourself together!!

She's going to Kindergarten soon and I'm getting REALLY sad. Maybe it's all the school shopping that I have been doing and her back to school the hair cut. This is big kid stuff- I remember doing this. This is the first time in years that the end of summer means something to me. What an odd feeling.

It's kicking in so bad right now, I mean it.  It's my baby, my BABY!  I can't possibly expect anyone to understand just how I am feeling, but I know some of you do. 

Here is a poem I found, I have no idea who wrote it but man did it make me cry:

I wonder what you are doing right now,
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
I nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teachers know
just how special you are to me.
and if the brightness of your heart
is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go



September 6th is the big day. Mix that with Emily going to preschool for the first time..  oye!
I am being a big girl and acting excited and happy with her but I'm crumbling inside

No comments: