I often find myself thinking about how different things are down here. I didn't even realize it at first but I seem to be making a mental list; slowly adding a new thing every few days. I think this is good for me, in a strange way. It helps me to enjoy and embrace the difference, for these things are always something good or quirky (and I like quirky) I always get bored with the 'same ole, same ole' and so this small, yet slowly growing list helps me see the good in the new life I am now living.
1. The 4 way stop signs are "all way" stop signs
2. Shopping carts are buggies
3. If someone starts the conversation off as "I've lived here all my life" I know right off the bat that I will be saying "what?" and "huh?" quite a few times in our conversation. (thick accents are so hard to understand!)
4. You will be invited to a lot of churches by a lot of people, most are Baptist.
5. Not everyone will greet you and be friendly but those that are, will be very warm and welcoming and you won't forget them.
6. Bread seems to get moldy quicker here (I guess this isn't a positive thing, but it is something that I noticed)
7. The fall is warmer!! :)
I'm going to slowly add to this list as i learn new things..