"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Saturday, December 10, 2011

St Nicholas Day

The merry family gatherings –
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they
Harmonize in carols sung.
For Christmas is tradition time
Traditions that recall
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all.

-Helen Lowrie Marshall



I wanted to post this a few days ago but had some trouble with the pics. Here was our St Nick day this year on Monday, December 6, 2011.
The girls awoke early and started to tear into the stockings.  Thankfully I woke up just in time to catch them and have them get dressed for school and eat breakfast first.

We have changed around the old tradition of finding candy or gifts in boots/shoes to stocking stuffers. We don't do stockings for Christmas but I still love stocking stuffers, so we do them for St Nicholas day now.

Photobucket

My aunt made that stocking holder a while ago for our family when I was a kid. I remember it from when I was younger and am so thankful to have to now, we really needed one and it's so pretty! Since Matt and I don't do stocking for each other and we only have three kids, I think we'll have to get our dog Sadie a stocking!

Here are a few pictures that morning. I was without coffee at this point so picture-taking was not high priority; sleep and/or coffee was.

Photobucket
                                               Sadie is getting in on the action, even

Emily with her loot laid all around her. (Still dark outside!)



We eventually had to wake Noah up. Clearly as you can see in this picture, getting presents was not as exciting for him as we imagined. The boy loves his sleep- can't blame him!



No comments: