"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Wednesday, November 9, 2011

   Ok, I said I was gonna do so here I am- I'm bringing it back. My blog, that is! So here is my feeble attempt to give this a go. 
   Things got a bit crazy over the summer. Not that I expected any less. It was hot and we were in the house trying to keep cool, yet going stir crazy. Not to mention Emily was in the worst of the whole terrible twos thing and it was bad!  School is here now and Claire is in school from 8:00- 2:30 and Emily is in school every other day form 9:00-12:00.. and that leaves me with not just a lot of running around and picking up/ dropping off, but also a chance to catch my breath. Of course I seem to waste this time by doing nothing constructive or worth while. Keep in mind I still have a very busy 20 month old with me at all times, which is pretty nice to have him to myself a little bit! I figure now I am a few months into school. I got my chance to slack off a bit  (haha. yeah.) now it's time to buckle down and do some things that need to be done or do things that I want to do but find laziness as an excuse not to do them. Writing my blog is one of those things on my list but more things I want to get better at follows:

Devotions/time with God every day. I try to do this but it just doesn't always happen and that needs to change. I also want to start a prayer list. I always mean to do that but it never happened

First thing in the morning I will put in a load of laundry and then wash, fold and put away a load of laundry a day (not including the diapers, which i tend to wash at night) I have clothes separated in 3 baskets and whichever is fullest gets washed. Sometimes I don't get to the folding/putting away until the kids are sleeping.. sometimes it gets done the next day  (shhhh)

Clean each room in the house for 10-15 minutes. This should happen on a Tuesday probably. I tend to do best when working against the clock so it's pretty amazing what I can get done when I set a timer for 15 minutes and get to cleaning! the timer goes off and I stop what I'm doing and don't look back until next time.

Going to bed earlier. I stay up way too late!! It's my "me time" and I need it. Yet I ruin  myself the whole next day when I am exhausted and feeling like I can't do a thing. Also my temper seems to come out more often. I NEED to get more sleep. So if you see me on facebook or pinterest at 12 or 1.. maybe even 2am.. (yeah, it happens) tell me to go to bed!

Now that I am going to be much more rested, I also want to start running in the morning. It would be so much easier to do that and get it out of the way because if I don't, then it tends to get pushed in the back of the To Do list.

This stuff seems so simple right? So why is it so hard for me? I can't blame it all on having 3 small kids (But I just might, because that is much easier) I am just not the most motivated person, so I need to start small, although this really isn't that small for me.

This is my commitment, my promise to myself. I will do this for one month and then see just how much happier and put together I feel. I'll let y'all know around December 9th

2 comments:

April said...

what an adorable family you have....I am your newest follower! xoxo

Matt's Dad said...

I tend to procrastinate too, Kara. The fact that you know yourself well enough to create a plan, because you know it will help you succeed is a great sign! If it's a plan that is reasonable (a plan you feel confident you can stick with) that increases your chance of success. I know you've done this before. Don't knock yourself for procrastinating - congratulate yourself for recognizing it and taking steps to get past it. That's a real positive! Good luck.