"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a success. I still miss seeing a lot of our family but I got a little more used to it now that we've had a few holidays away from home under our belt.

I miss the loudness of family members yelling excitedly and laughing loudly. I miss how at my grandparents we eat then go in the living room to talk and drink coffee all while picking through the dessert table as we pass through the dinning room. I miss having cousins play together- they are just getting to that great age where they can really have fun together! I miss how at my in laws house I can count on some fun conversations being had! you can also count on football flashing across the tv screen. There are dogs running around, trying to hide from pestering children, or else they are resting in their crates from exhaustion of small kids running around (don't we know how that feels!) I even miss how I almost always bump my head on the light over the table. After so many times of eating dinner there, I still do it. And better yet, I act suprised afterwards. Yes, I miss you too, light fixture!

As much as I miss these things just so much more, I know I can't dwell on it. I need to look to the things going on right NOW. Today started off with princess movies but eventually we watched the parade. Claire fell asleep while watching it and cuddling with me.*love* This year was the first year that I made a meal that turned out well: everything was timed right and finished cooking at the same time and tasted pretty good! That is big for me! Timing is everything and I struggle with that! Today we went around to hear what we are thankful for and it melts my heart to hear Claire talk. What a sweet, wonderful big girl she is turning into! Later she asked me to cuddle and we did just that for awhile. Hearing her say a prayer of thanks tonight all on her own when I tucked her in was so special for me. I'm so happy to watch her grow, loving our Lord and eager to talk with Him.

It was a nice Thanksgiving and I hope everyone else hada great day as well!

1 comment:

tolleyrose said...

I'm so glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving! I know how hard it is to be away from family...it makes the time together even more special.