"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

so much randomness stuffed in a post


   This morning I heard yelling and screaming from the girl's room at about 6:45am. Then I heard Noah crying at about 7:00 (because of the yelling/screeching) I am just not a morning person. I am the most miserable and unmotivated person in the mornings and screeching children doesn't help!
.
  The girls quiet down and then Noah quiets so I sneak just a few more minutes of rest in. It's so hard to get out of bed!

    I'm just not sure how to go about the girls sharing a room. In some ways it has helped their relationship I believe. Claire isn't so possessive about her room now and is getting a little better with "her" toys as well. I see her hugging Emily more and reading her stories. Even so, sharing a room is not a magical cure for sisterly battles, that is one thing I am sure of!  I wonder, does anyone else seem to have so much trouble with their kids sharing a room?  I know others did it all the time (maybe not as much now a days?) Did their kids stay up all night screaming, yelling , fighting and giggling too? Did they also wake up at an ungodly hour in the morning and act tired and grumpy all day due to sleep deprivation?  How strict should I be about this issue? I don't know if it's a battle I want to fight or not. I think (hope) it will solve it's self with time. It's only been a few weeks- this HAS to get better soon. It has to.

Noah isn't doing so great in the sleep department either, waking up at night. I never had this problem with the girls. Could it be because they were formula fed, I wonder. I will admit that I baby this little guy. He IS a baby though, so that's not too terrible, I guess.

On another note, Matt and I went for a run today . I am feeling pretty good. I really love my 'Couch 2 5K' app on my iPod! it really makes the idea of running a 5K seem possible.  Matt signed up for the Warrior Dash- it looks like a TON of fun so I may sign up too so I can stay motivated. I'll admit though, part of me just really wants one of those warrior hats :)


I actually think I could love running as much as I want to love it if i keep this up!
I won't be surprised if Claire turns out to be a little runner. she loves to run. and wants to go jogging with us. She has more stamina then I do- she puts me to shame!

Also another exciting thing today is that Matt got his official offer letter for the new job today! He had a verbal offer a week or two ago and has been waiting for what seemed like forever for the written letter. It really hit me when I read it. I think this was the first time I actually cried about moving to SC.  I feel confident that this is a right decision for us but it just is starting to seem so real now.  I was born here, I grew up here. This is my home.  It fits my personality just right. It's going to be really hard to leave it all. and it's really going to be hard to leave my family and my friends. It's scary to imagine that I will be in a place and not know a single soul besides my husband and kids. I will have to really put myself out there but that is terrifying to me in a whole other way. But I know God will be looking out for us and I need to just keep that thought in the back of my mind. I am allowed to be sad and even upset about it at times but I will not let it get to me and consume me. There is so much for me to think about while laying in bed tonight. I have a lot of random things on my mind right now. Thanks for those who bothered to read this random post that is pretty much about nothing.

No comments: